Royal Challengers Bangalore are taking on Rajasthan Royals in the 33rd Match of IPL 2020 at Dubai International Cricket Stadium in Dubai on Saturday, 17th of October.
It has been a dream first half of the season for Royal Challengers Bangalore, but suffered a second defeat against the Kings XI Punjab in this season. They are sitting at the third place in the points table with five wins in eight games. Sending AB de Villiers at 6 was questionable and was one of the reasons they lost. However, they got to a good total of 171 but felt like a 10-15 runs short. It was surprising to see Udana bowling only two overs and Siraj continuing even after a couple of expensive overs. It was a wake up call for them and they have a good team to get back on track. They won their previous fixture against the Royals earlier this season and expected to take another two points from Dubai as well.
On the other side, the Royals have a tough route in front of them which is a do or die situation for them. With Kings XI and CSK coming back to winning ways, the Royals desperately need to win some games from here. Their overseas star batters are yet to play match winning knocks which have continued their poor outings. However, their bowling has been the best thing for them in this tournament so far with Jofra Archer leading the attack with consistent performance. By looking at all the teams in the bottom four, a win for Rajasthan Royals can really live up the tournament.
(Will be updated if we get any)
PROBABLE XI and KEY PLAYERS
Royal Challengers Bangalore Probable XI:
Devdutt Padikkal, Aaron Finch, Virat Kohli (C), AB de Villiers (WK), Gurkeerat Singh Mann, Washington Sundar, Shivam Dube, Chris Morris, Isuru Udana, Navdeep Saini, Yuzvendra Chahal.
Key Players to Watch Out For RCB:
- Virat Kohli has the highest runs by any batsman in this RR vs RCB fixture. He scored a match winning 72 in his last meeting against the Royals earlier this season. He is currently the leading run-scorer for RCB with 304 runs at an average of 60.8 so far.
- AB de Villiers is currently the second highest run-scorer in this fixture with 429 runs at a SR of 153.76. He has been in very good form and currently striking at a rate of 180 in this season so far.
- Chris Morris has five wickets already in three games at an economy rate of 4.83.
- Yuzvendra Chahal took three wickets in his last meeting against the Royals earlier this season. He has highest number of wickets by any bowler in this fixture with 14 wickets at an average of 12.5.
Rajasthan Royals Probable Playing XI:
Jos Buttler (WK), Manan Vohra, Steven Smith (C), Sanju Samson, Ben Stokes, Riyan Parag, Rahul Tewatia, Karthik Tyagi, Shreyas Gopal, Jofra Archer, Jaydev Unadkat.
Key Players to Watch Out For RR:
- Jofra Archer has the second most wickets in the league at an excellent average of 17.5. He also has the highest SR by any batsman in this league who can turn the game from anywhere.
- Ben Stokes looked in good touch in the last game and scored 41 runs in 35 balls. He is expected to open once again which can earn you a lot of points due to his power play batting.
- Rahul Tewatia is the second highest run-scorer for RR so far. He is also their second highest wicket taker so far. He has the highest number of fantasy points in his name among his teammates.
DREAM 11 TEAMS
PITCH REPORT AND CONDITIONS
The pitch in Dubai is starting to get slower day by day. Anything above 160 in the first innings is defendable. The conditions in Dubai are suitable for a cricket match. It will continue to be sunny and the temperature will be around 35 Degree Celsius.
By looking at the balance RCB possess, they are the clear favourites coming into this game.
Written By Kaushik Kashyap.
A young Cricket Enthusiastic and a growing analyst.