Rajasthan Royals take on Kings XI Punjab in the 9th Match of IPL 2020 at the Sharjah Cricket Ground in Dubai on Sunday, 27th of September.
After a successful first game at Sharjah, Rajasthan Royals are ready to take on Kings XI Punjab in their second fixture of this season. The Royals went through CSK on a batting friendly pitch after being asking to bat first and later on successfully defended the massive score. Sanju Samson absolutely destroyed CSK’s spin unit followed by a well and controlled innings from Skipper Steve Smith. Later on, their bowlers successfully stopped CSK from chasing the mammoth score and ended up winning their first match. With Jos Buttler coming back into the team, the Royals would be looking to register their second win in the IPL.
On the other side, KXIP had a good start in their first two games of their campaign. They suffered a heartbreaking loss against the Capitals in the super over but registered a huge win of 97 runs over RCB. An 89 from Mayank in the first game followed by a 132 by KL Rahul in the second game, KXIP top order would be forever ready to bat on a belter at Sharjah. Their
spinners had good outings in Dubai and will be hopeful that their middle order led by Glenn Maxwell performs and finishes well for the team. However, they would expect to reduce the margin of error in their death bowling at Sharjah which has comparatively shorter boundaries and make it two in a row.
Jos Buttler has completed his quarantine period and is available for selection.
PROBABLE XI and KEY PLAYERS
Jos Buttler, Yashasvi Jaiswal, Steven Smith (C), Sanju Samson (WK), David Miller, Riyan Parag, Rahul Tewatia, Karthik Tyagi, Shreyas Gopal, Jofra Archer, Jaydev Unadkat.
Key Players to Watch Out For RR:
- Jos Buttler has an average of 56.2 at a SR of 143.2 against KXIP since 2018. He has the most runs against KXIP in comparison to any team since 2018 which includes 82 as his highest.
- Sanju Samson scored a match winning innings of 74 with a SR of 231.2 runs in the first match with the help of nine sixes. He has a SR of 190.9 at Sharjah in IPL at an average of 63.
- Jofra Archer has the second most wickets in this fixture since 2018 that is five. KL Rahul has a SR of 82.35 against Jofra Archer in the Powerplay.
- Steven Smith started his IPL campaign with a half century against CSK. He has a SR of 140 against Leg Spinners and will be crucial to tackle the spin unit of KXIP.
Kings XI Punjab:
KL Rahul (C)(WK), Chris Gayle, Mayank Agarwal, Karun Nair, Glenn Maxwell, Sarfaraz Khan, Jimmy Neesham, Sheldon Cottrell, Ravi Bishnoi, Mohammad Shami, Murugan Ashwin.
Key players to watch out for KXIP:
- KL Rahul scored a brilliant century against RCB in their second game at Dubai. He has an average of 117.5 against Rajasthan Royals in the last two seasons which includes three half centuries at a SR of 134.3. He is currently the second highest run-scorer in the tournament at a SR of 173.86. He is topping the charts in Fantasy Leagues with highest points at the moment.
- Mayank Agarwal scored a 60 ball 89 in their first game against DC and almost won the game. He also had a good start against RCB and is expected to give a solid start once again in this match.
- Mohammed Shami and Ravi Bishnoi have taken four wickets each in the first two games and are leading the charts of top wicket taking list. Jos Buttler has an average of just 16.5 and got out 6 times against leg spinners since 2018 in IPL. Ravi Bishnoi may play an important role to stop Buttler.
- Glenn Maxwell has a SR of 157.8 against the Royals. He has an average of 92 in Sharjah at a SR of 209.1. Maxwell scored 89 at a SR of 197.8 in his last outing against the Royals at Sharjah.
DREAM 11 TEAMS:
PITCH REPORT AND CONDITIONS
The pitch at Sharjah is a batting paradise for the batsmen and another high-scoring game awaits in front of us considering the shorter boundaries.
Conditions are good for a cricket match with no chances of any rain in the forecast.
It is almost impossible to predict a winner between these two teams as both are equally balanced and are in good batting form. The winner will be decided upon the death bowling of both the teams. By looking at that, Rajasthan Royals is expected to win this match.
Written By Kaushik Kashyap.
A young Cricket Enthusiastic and a growing analyst.