Kolkata Knight Riders are taking on Sunrisers Hyderabad in the 8th Match of IPL 2020 at the Sheikh Zayed Stadium, Abu Dhabi on Saturday, 26th of September.
IPL 2020 is all set for it’s 8th match on Saturday at Sheikh Zayed Stadium as Kolkata Knight Riders are playing Sunrisers Hyderabad. Both the teams are coming off losses in their first game and are the only two teams who are yet to register a win in this season.
Kolkata Knight Riders suffered a disastrous outing with the ball with zero
intent to improve their bowling against someone like Rohit Sharma. Their bad outing with the ball was followed by a collapse in their batting order. They will be hoping to bounce back in their second game and utilise every possible advantage they got after playing one game at Abu Dhabi.
On the other hand, the Sunrisers Hyderabad will play their first match in Abu Dhabi and are coming off a loss from their first match. It was one of the matches where over dependency on their top order could be seen clearly. Their inexperienced middle order was the main reason behind their
botch up from a winning position. However, they will like to have the services from Kane Williamson whenever he is fit and make their middle order strong and get going in their campaign from this match in Abu Dhabi.
Kane Williamson suffered an injury during practice and missed the last match. However, his availability is still uncertain in Abu Dhabi.
PROBABLE XI and KEY PLAYERS
Kolkata Knight Riders:
Sunil Narine, Shubman Gill, Nitish Rana, Eoin Morgan, Dinesh Karthik (C) (WK), Andre Russell, Nikhil Nail, Shivam Mavi, Kamlesh Nagarkoti, Pat Cummins, Kuldeep Yadav.
Key Players to Watch Out For KKR:
- Kuldeep Yadav has most wickets against SRH among this current KKR bowlers.
- Sunil Narine has 10 wickets against SRH at an economy rate of 6.60. He also has a batting SR of 217 against them in the last two seasons.
- Nitish Rana seems to be in good touch in the first match against Mumbai Indians. He scored a match winning knock of 68 against the SRH last season. He will be crucial for them in the middle overs.
- Andre Russell scored at a rate of 212.28 against SRH last season. Overall he has a SR of 164.5 against SRH.
David Warner (C), Jonny Bairstow (WK), Manish Pandey, Vijay Shankar, Mohammad Nabi, Priyam Garg, Abhishek Sharma, Rashid Khan, Bhuvneshwar Kumar, Sandeep Sharma, Khaleel Ahmed.
Key Players To Watch Out For SRH:
- David Warner has the most runs in this fixture with 533 at a SR of 152.72. He has a SR of 217 in the last 6 years against Sunil Narine and a SR of 161.5 against Kuldeep Yadav in the last three years. He scored at a SR of 167 against them last season which also includes two half centuries in two games.
- Jonny Bairstow scored an unbeaten 80 against KKR last year and also finished the season with 455 runs which is the most by any batsman in a debut season. He looked in good form in the last game against RCB and is hopeful to continue his momentum.
- Bhuvneshwar Kumar has 19 wickets under his name against KKR. He looked decent in the first match and is expected to have a good game against SRH.
- Khaleel Ahmed took 19 wickets at an average of 15.10 last season. He took five 3 wickets hauls in the last season which had happened only for the third time in IPL history for any bowler.
DREAM 11 TEAMS:
PITCH REPORT AND CONDITIONS
By looking at the first two matches at this venue in Abu Dhabi this season, it has been a good sporting wicket for both batsmen and bowlers. It will provide a bit of help for the seamers in the initial overs. Batting second looks to be difficult on this pitch as it turns slower as the game progresses. Conditions are good for a cricket match with no chances of any rain in the forecast.
It is almost impossible to predict a winner between these two teams as both are equally balanced in all the departments except the middle order. On the basis of that, KKR has an edge over SRH to take this game away.
Written By Kaushik Kashyap.
A young Cricket Enthusiastic and a growing analyst.