Chennai Super Kings are slated to play against the Delhi Capitals in the 7th match of IPL 2020 at the Dubai International Stadium, on Friday, 25th of September.
IPL 2020 is all set for it’s 7th match on Friday at Dubai International Stadium as Chennai Super Kings take on the Delhi Capitals. Chennai Super Kings started their season with a victory against the Mumbai Indians in the first match at Abu Dhabi. However, they suffered a defeat in their second fixture against the Rajasthan Royals due to a poor outing from their spin attack. They would like to solve their batting order issues and promote MS Dhoni in the batting order to bounce back against Capitals and get themselves back on track.
On the other side, Delhi Capitals literally won their first game by the barest of margins. Marcus Stoinis was instrumental with a quick half century, scoring 30 off the last over. He showed tremendous courage with the ball as well and defended 1 run in 3 balls which ensured they take the match to the superover, eventually winning it. They would like for a more clinical performance today and will be hoping their top order to gives a good start in this match. They have some good power hitters to follow who can wrap up things against CSK’s spin attack and make it two in a row in Dubai.
Ravichandran Ashwin suffered a shoulder dislocation at the end of his first over in the last match. His availability against Chennai is still uncertain.
Ambati Rayudu is likely to miss yet another match due to his hamstring injury.
DJ Bravo and Ishant Sharma are still recovering and not available for this match.
PROBABLE XI and KEY PLAYERS
Chennai Super Kings:
N Jagadeesan, Shane Watson, Faf du Plessis, Ruturaj Gaikwad, MS Dhoni (C)(WK), Kedar Jadhav, Ravindra Jadeja, Sam Curran, Josh Hazlewood, Deepak Chahar, Piyush Chawla.
Key Players to Watch Out For CSK:
- Faf du Plessis has scored the most runs in the tournament for CSK till now. He scored an unbeaten half century against Mumbai and almost took them past the target against the Rajasthan Royals. He scored a 50 in his last outing against Delhi last year and has 222 runs against Delhi and will be crucial against them in Dubai.
- Sam Curran scored the second most fantasy points in the last game for CSK. He has taken the most wickets for CSK at an average of 15.25. He is a very handy batsman too who has a SR of 194.03 in IPL so far.
- MS Dhoni has 529 runs against Delhi which is the most by any batsman in this fixture at an average of 40.69. Although initially he looked rusty, he eventually found form as he struck three consecutive sixes in the last over.
- Ravindra Jadeja took 6 wickets against Delhi Capitals last season. He might come into play and earn you a lot of points with his all-round abilities in this match.
Shikhar Dhawan, Prithvi Shaw, Shreyas Iyer (C), Rishabh Pant (WK), Shimron Hetmyer, Marcus Stoinis, Axar Patel, Ravichandran Ashwin/Amit Mishra, Kagiso Rabada, Anrich Nortje, Mohit Sharma.
Key Players To Watch Out For DC:
- Rishabh Pant has 185 runs at a SR of 165.18 against CSK. He will be vital to tackle the middle overs against them and is expected to take on their spin attack.
- Shreyas Iyer looked in good touch against spin in the first match. He has a SR of 194.1 against Piyush Chawla during the middle overs in IPL. He also has a SR of 170 against Sam Curran who has been the prime bowler for CSK so far.
- Shikhar Dhawan has the most runs in his IPL career against CSK, 689. He is expected to score some runs in the second match after an unfortunate run-out against KXIP.
- Marcus Stoinis earned the highest amount of Dream 11 points in his previous match. He played a match changing innings of a 21 ball 53. He also took two wickets and helped his team to tie the match which they eventually won in the super over.
- Kagiso Rabada has 33 wickets at an average of 17.7, which is the best among any bowler with 30+ wickets in IPL history. He was the highest wicket taker for Delhi last season and was the chief architect of their victory in the super over in their last match. He has 22 wickets in the death overs in his IPL career and will be crucial against someone like MS Dhoni.
DREAM 11 TEAMS
PITCH REPORT AND CONDITIONS
By looking at the first three matches at this venue this season, it has been a good sporting wicket for both batsmen and bowlers. It will provide a bit of help for the seamers in the initial overs. Batting second looks to be difficult on this pitch as it turns slower as the game progresses.
Conditions are good for a cricket match with no chances of any rain in the forecast.
Chennai Super Kings are expected to bounce back and win this game against Delhi Capitals. They have won all their last three encounters and will be looking to continue their winning streak against them.
Written By Kaushik Kashyap.
A young Cricket Enthusiastic and a growing analyst.